Oscar Wilde in The Soul of Man Under Socialism:
Art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known.
Thomas Merton in No Man Is An Island:
Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.
In the Advantace coaching approach art is used as a right brain access method.
Connectivitree (c) is a way of mapping your thoughts and patterns so that you can assist yourself in defining why you function the way you do…
These are the steps towards creating a Connectivitree:
- Start at the base of a large sheet of paper with an image of the trunk of a tree.
- Use images, symbols, codes, and dimensions throughout your free art session, using at least 3 colors.
- Select key words and print using upper or lower case letters.
- Each word/image is best alone and sitting on its own line.
- The lines should be connected, starting from the trunk. The lines become thinner as they radiate out from the center.
- Make the lines the same length as the word/image they support.
- Use multiple colors throughout the Connectivitree, for visual stimulation and also for encoding or grouping.
- Develop your own personal style to let out what is in your mind.
- Use emphasis and show associations in your Connectivitree.
- Keep the Connectivitree clear by using radial hierarchy or outlines to embrace your branches.